Monday, August 9, 2010

A New Meaning to "Quiet Time"

Today was one of those days for us.
It started with a bad headache for me and ended with a poopy mess.
Seriously.
You read that correctly.
Parker ended up falling asleep from 11-12. He woke up and was hungry. I fed him lunch but kept telling him he would need to finish his nap after he ate.
He went back to bed and laid in there for 2 hours. The last 30 minutes he was very quiet; I was sure that he had fallen asleep. I even started to praise myself since I had not given up on him taking a nap too soon.
HA.
HA. HA.
HA. HA. HA.
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I went into his room in anticipation of finding my sweet, precious almost 2 year old son, Parker waved at me and then looked at his bed. I moved my eyes from him to his bed. His diaper was off and poop was in his bed.

You can all thank me for not taking a pic for this story.
Or a smell sample.

Just so you know, it all washed out. Thank goodness for Shout.


*Disclaimer: It's not near as bad as it sounds or as bad as it could have been, BUT cleaning poop up was not my ideal job descriptions.


No comments: