Thursday, September 23, 2010

Again.



Parker did not sleep last night.
He was up every hour and half- two hours.
At 8:05 this morning Caleb called me.
Parker had a fever.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
What is going on?
He stayed home for the day and then I took him to the doctor this afternoon. He has the same ear infection. They are trying shots. One today, tomorrow and Monday. If he's not clear in 2 weeks, it's time for tubes.
Poor guy.
They warned me that the shot would hurt and burn for a while. After they gave him the shot in his leg, he was crying a lot. Usually he cries because he is mad that they held him down. It took him longer to settle down so I knew it was hurting him. He ripped the bandaid off. I tried to put it back on him. He told me no. I think he thought that the bandaid is what was hurting him.
Then a little later he was touching his leg and saying, "Mommy." I felt so bad for him! I told him we would go get ice cream.
By the time we got out of the doctors office it was time for dinner. I thought well I've already told him he could have ice cream, how could I explain to him that he had to eat first.... at his age he's a one track mind kinda guy.
We went to McDonald's and I got a 4 piece nugget for me (I was starving) and an ice cream cone for him. He wanted the nuggets.
So I had the ice cream and two nuggets. He got a Happy Meal.
We're praying that these painful shots do the trick.
Oh and I forgot to mention that the nurse tried to occupy Parker with one of those big popsicle sticks they stick on your tongue to look in your throat. He looked at me and said, "Popsicle." What a disappointment.

No comments: