Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Trip to the Waco Zoo!

My Mom is in town and we wanted to do something fun and adventurous today. We decided to go to the Waco Zoo. Several of my friends told me Waco had a zoo and I didn't think it would be a "real zoo." Since we're from Irving and were in close proximity to the Dallas and Fort Worth Zoo's growing up, we kind of have high expectations for a zoo. My friends assured me that it was worth the drive and one even told me I wouldn't feel like I was in Waco. (Whatever that is supposed to mean??)
We arrived at the zoo about 10 am and by 11:15 we had a picnic lunch and then went back in the zoo for about 20 minutes and had seen everything. We were loading up to go home by 12:30. The weather was amazing!!! The zoo was the PERFECT length for Parker to enjoy it all. His favorite exhibits were the Gibbons monkeys, the fish aquariums and the birds.
I highly recommend the zoo to anyone with young kids who can't handle a full day at a "big" zoo. It was a half-day trip for us, $9/ adult and we'll definitely be visiting again.

No comments: