Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jealous? Just a tad.

So this afternoon I kept Anderson, our friends Aaron and Andrea's little baby boy. He's 5 weeks old and such a handsome little thing. I forget how little they are. I pulled his diaper out of his bag to change him and took a double-take. Then when I changed his diaper- three poopy ones in a row- 1) He didn't squirm around and fight me. 2) I successfully changed all three poopy diapers without gagging!
Parker did well with Anderson given it was a new little baby in his "territory." There were several times that Parker did push his limits, but over all Parker did A LOT better than I had anticipated.
While I was feeding Anderson, Parker was sitting next to me. Several times he tried to wedge his leg between me and Anderson. It was crazy to see how Parker's leg compares to little Anderson. No worries though I was quick to handle the situation.
When I was changing Anderson's diaper, I asked Parker if he could come help me. (I've been talking to Parker about how big boys go potty in the big boy potty and not in diapers, so I figured this would be a good teachable moment for him to see the difference between a big boy and a baby... THOUGHT IS THE KEY WORD.) Anyways, Parker joined us on the floor and pointed at Anderson, said Baby several times and then put his rear end facing Anderson- not actually in his face but held his bottom up for Anderson to see it. He also tried to sit on him. Again, no worries, Anderson is safe. I intervened again.
Parker wanted me to hold him more, especially when I was trying to get Anderson to sleep.
It was a lot of fun keeping Anderson and I hope that I get to again. It was also a relief to know that he was going home and I could relax and not be on pins and needles about Parker and what all he was going to do.
It will be a lot of fun when Anderson is more active and Parker can play with him.

No comments: