Monday, May 10, 2010

Is it a mouse? spider? NO IT'S A CATERPILLAR!



Today at the park I was sitting on the bench while Parker was in the swing area that has a million and one little rocks on the ground. He has recently noticed the rocks so when he was standing there looking down at the rocks and slowly moving around, I just thought he was mesmerized by the rocks.
Then all of a sudden I saw this black fuzzy thing about 2" long crawling away from Parker and he was chasing it! Instant panic. Especially since Caleb swears that Parker loves the little mice at the pet store! I started yelling, "Parker, No. No, honey." As I got up on the "thing" it was obviously a caterpillar!
Mixed emotions.
Emotion #1- Thankful that it's not a mouse and I'm not going to have to retrieve Parker and make a mad dash out of the rocks. If this would have happened, I probably would have vowed to never return to that park again.
Emotion #2- A little embarrassed for yelling for him to stop following the "thing" around.
Needless to say, I told Parker, oh it's a fuzzy caterpillar- the biggest one I've ever seen and it was safe to look at. He picked up right where he left off- chasing it. He was a little more comfortable with me taking pics of it. At one part he even tried to step on it.
If Parker had a bug farm going, we would have definitely had to take the caterpillar home with us.

No comments: