Friday, May 21, 2010

Parker has been telling us "poopoo" for several weeks after he goes poop. He's started saying "poopoo" more frequently and we realized that he was associating the word "poopoo" with both types of pottying. Today he pooped and as soon as he finished, he went to the bathroom and wanted on the toilet. He sat on there for several minutes. Nothing.
I decided that I would go ahead and buy him big boy underwear (pictured above) and talk it up real big. I know you're probably asking yourself why I jumped from diaper straight to underwear when most people use Pullups. I'm hoping to not buy Pullups. I'm tired of buying diapers or anything disposable for body wastes. We'll see how it goes.
After we got home from Walmart with big boy underwear (all white) and a potty book. I sat him on the toilet, let him read his book and put his underwear on. At first he was a little freaked out by the underwear. He ended up peeing in them twice. Needless to say, it was not successful today. It's a process and we'll continue to work on it.

No comments: