Wednesday, May 5, 2010

18 Month Check-up

Another thing to add to my memory for when Father's Day rolls around:
Last night Parker woke up about 9:30 coughing, made a horrible noise and then was crying. I went in his room and he was sitting up in bed crying. I immediately picked him up and then realized that it reeked of vomit. I called for Caleb, turned on the light to discover red/ pink puke in his bed, on his bed, bed-skirt, clothes and huge mess of it on the floor (btw- light tan carpet). Caleb took Parker and was holding him and I tried so hard to clean up the puke. I was gagging and couldn't do it. Caleb realized that I was being serious that I was going to throw up if I had to clean it up so he took it for the team and not only cleaned up the vomit, but he also washed the towels and bedding immediately.


Today Parker had his 18 month check up. The doctor said that Parker's "incident" last night was probably something he ate- I'm thinking too much sugar? But he did receive one shot (not due to puking, but that's 18 month protocol). He's 33 1/4 inches long (80th percentile) and 25 lbs 10 oz (average). Hi next appointment is in November.

No comments: