Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1

Yeah for today being October 1! I think October is one of my favorite months... cooler weather, fall decorations, Parker's birthday! (Although I've had my fall decor out for 2 weeks, it's actually legal to have it out now.)
Parker wore his Halloween shirt to school today.
There is a story behind his shirt.
I was so excited that I was going to be "early" this year in purchasing his Halloween shirt. In this town, it's hard to find things for boys that are seasonal. Once they sell out, they are usually sold out for good.
Well we went to Old Navy a few weeks ago. The ONLY option we had for Parker (other than skull bones and creepy stuff) is a black shirt with three pumpkins on it. It says Happy Halloween 2010 across the bottom. Sounds cute, huh?
Except for the fact that the middle pumpkin has a green chain looking necklace hanging down with a big money sign on it. GHETTO.
I thought I'd be okay with it.
I just don't know.
He (the rapper) looks like a ghetto rapper.
I don't think I'm okay with this.

No comments: