Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"There's an Op-pu-pus Outside, Mommy."

Tonight I had my Tupperware party and one of the ladies who came brought her daughter who's in 2nd grade. Parker and the little girl, Reagan, were playing out back and all of a sudden Parker ran in straight to me and yelled, "There's an oppupus (octopus) out back, Mommy." I just looked at him in shock but how does he know what an octopus is?!!?!
The octopus lives in the tree out back.
We don't have a tree in our back yard. There are trees across the street behind our house and he sees them from his fort.
But when he shows us where the octopus is, he sometimes points to a (fake) tree in our back yard. Other times he points to the trees across the street.
He still talks about it and reminds us he lives in the tree out back.

I've heard that boys tend to have invisible friends more so than girls do. I remember my cousin, Austin, had a purple cat who was around for quite a while when he was younger.
I'm curious to see how long the octopus sticks around and if he ever gets named!

No comments: