Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bye-Bye Veronica

Today we traded in our 2001 Civic for a 2007 Accord. We are super excited!
Veronica had a 129K miles, body damage from where I hit the garage backing out 3 years ago, a frion leak, electrical issue to the compressor, a week compressor, ABS (airbag) light was on- had been for two years, the parking light stayed on all the time AND the service engine light was on.
Even with all those problems, Veronica will always hold a special place in my heart. We went through a lot together- like Caleb said, "Through tears and cheers!" So true!
When I got her, she had 9600 miles on her and was two years old. She was old faithful and never let me down! The first car I paid off on my own and I thoroughly enjoyed having her. Caleb made fun of me today because I was so attached to her. I tried to explain that she was like part of our family. He laughed at me. Oh well- Veronica, you know you will always be my girl! :)

We went to three dealerships, went to Stafford, TX all the way to the Woodlands to find this car:
Richard Sapp was our salesman's name and he will forever be the guy we buy cars from!
He was awesome!
We now have two family- friendly vehicles with AC!! On the way home from the delearship, I was freezing and Caleb said he had a few weeks to make up for for going without AC for so long in the Civic! I laughed and turned my vents off.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

So great. I love your car.

I also love the comment about ABS.. I had no idea what that light meant one time but I since learned that it is for the anti-lock braking system, which prevents the wheels on a motor vehicle from locking up (or ceasing to rotate) while braking.

I just thought I would share since it seems pretty important. :)

Yay for AC!!