Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Got a few stories for ya.....

It's been a while since I've updated. (I feel like I start every blog out with those words, but what other intro is best suited?) I hate blogging without adding pics. Our internet won't let us upload pics on here so I was updating when I was at the office. I've been really busy lately with real estate and the limited time I'm in the office, I've been tied up with work. I decided that I just need to write in here and worry about adding pics later.

Here are a few stories from the past few weeks that I thought were worth sharing....

Last weekend I was watching Parker play with Caleb. Parker had on a t-shirt and a diaper. I was watching him waddle in the hallway to his room and noticed his legs. I don't know what it was about me watching his legs, but it hit me that Parker really isn't a baby anymore. He's growing way too quickly. I want time to SLLLOOOW DOWN!

Yesterday Parker set his milk down and it spilled. I saw it and said, "Oh, Parker your milk made a mess. We need to clean it up." I grabbed a towel and wiped it up. I threw the towel in the laundry room floor to wash. A little bit later the same thing happened in the kitchen. I said, "Oh no, Parker! Your milk made a mess again." He disappeared for a few minutes and in the meantime I grabbed a towel and wiped it up. Once I was finished he returned with the same towel we had used earlier to clean up the mess. Man, you talk about me feeling like two inches tall. He poured just a tad of milk on the floor and wiped it up. That night at dinner there was a napkin on the table. He picked up and cleaned the table off and wiped his face.
It's so cute watching him do things.

His school had an Easter Egg Hunt two weeks ago. I have a video to upload, but can't get it on here. UGH. It wasn't much of a hunt though. Parker is the oldest in his class so he just walked around and threw a few of the eggs. The other kids just sat there. Now I understand why they only wanted each child to bring three eggs to the "hunt." Anyways, we were talking with his teachers after the hunt and they were telling us stories about him.
One of his teachers, Ms. Debbie, has been a God-Send for Parker. He is her little side-kick. I knew they were buddies for a while, but apparently I didn't realize how much they adore each other. A few months ago the director approached me about beginning to work with Parker on sleeping on his nap mat because he would be moving out of the infant room where they slept in cribs into the toddler room where they slept on nap mats. I decided to just send the mat to school and have them work with him. After all, they were the ones who broke him of screaming at bedtime. Well, when it's time for the kids to go to sleep, Ms. Debbie goes in the nap room and begins getting the kids to sleep. Parker goes and lays down on his nap mat and waits for her to join him. She said that sometimes he starts "talking" and she just asks him to be quiet and he does. After she gets all the kids to sleep, she will lay down with him and he's out like a light. Now WHY won't he do that for us at home?!?!?

Tonight he was playing on his train riding toy and I asked him if I could take his picture. He said "cheeessseee" and half smiled. I said, "Oh, Parker that wasn't a very good picture. Can we take another one?" He jumped off the train and sat on the front door mat and posed real big for me. I still didn't get a very good pic, because he jumped up after his quick pose and came over to my lap to look at my phone to see the picture. He's so smart.

Caleb gets up with Parker in the mornings and that is their time together. I love it because it's so cute to hear them interact and it allows me to stay in bed until 730 or 8! It works out great for everyone. :) Every morning Parker wants a waffle, aka "wa-wa," (and over Easter weekend we were out of waffles and Parker was pretty devastated- needless to say, I bought a huge box to stock him up). Anyways, the other morning Caleb opened the freezer to get the waffles out and the coffee fell out of the freezer (yes, we keep our coffee in the freezer... weird, we know) and Parker picked it up and put it back in the freezer for Caleb. Caleb was very impressed and bragged on Parker saying, "Wow Parker. That was so nice. I appreciate your help. What a big boy you are." Parker looked at him and started clapping. Caleb just laughed.

We realize he is a huge sponge. We just hope and pray that he doesn't absorb our bad habits. :)

No comments: