Thursday, August 6, 2009

9 Months...


Well, I've been telling myself for a while that I need to start a blog so people can keep up with all that is going on in our house. It hasn't really been on the top of my priority list, but Parker did some funny things today and I am tired of telling the same story over and over again. I decided that I would enter the wonderful world of "blogging" and people could read up on us. I really hope to keep up with this better than the other site we had for Parker.
Parker is now 9 months old. He had his 9 month check up on Monday. He's 19.5 lbs, 29.5 inches long. He's just below average on his weight and in the 90 percentile on his height. His doctor, Dr. Henderson, said that Parker's four front teeth would probably come in at the same time. Dr. Henderson must really know what he's talking about because on Tuesday, Parker's top two teeth began busting through his little gums. He looks so cute with his little teeth! He's been a little fussy, especially during the night, but we've been giving him ibuprofen and tonight I went to buy some teething tablets that several people swear by. I'm hoping they help Mr. Parker feel better.
On Thursday's Parker goes to Mother's Day Out from 9-3. Today was the first time that he stayed the whole time. The first week I got a call saying that Parker "had had enough of them for the day." Then last week, he was a little better. Today was "Splash Day" and I went on and on to the teachers about how Parker will have so much fun in the water. I was wrong. According to the teachers, Parker screamed on and off the whole time he was there. He did not like the water and he fights his sleep (duh). I told them I quite trying to figure Mr. Parker out. I picked him up and put him in his carseat to come home. He quickly climbed out and stood up right next to me. (I was sitting in the backseat right next to him.) He put his little arms around my neck. I'm not sure if he was hugging me or making sure I wasn't going anywhere! It pretty much made my heart melt.
Once we got home, I fought with Parker for an hour to take a nap. After I had been fighthing with him for 45 minutes, I laid down with him in my bed. He FINALLY fell asleep. I put pillows all around him. I know that now that he's crawling I shouldn't put him on the bed, but after 45 minutes of fighting with him, I was DESPERATE to say the least!!! I got out of the bed and went in the other room. I kept checking in on him. He had been asleep (I thought anyways) for about 40 minutes when I hear one short scream. I quickly opened the door and dashed in my room to find him on top of Caleb's night stand. He had cried out for my help because he needed help getting his little legs on the nightstand. He is definetly ALL BOY!
One last funny thing for today...
Caleb got home at about 8:30 tonight... just in time to chaperone the wrestling match staring Parker and sleep. :) Caleb has been doing a phenomenal job helping with the wrestling match lately. Anytime that Parker screams (notice I don't use the word cry for a reason!) out at night, Caleb goes in his room, doesn't say anything to Parker, lays him down and begins patting Parker's bottom. He's very successful at getting Parker back to sleep. Caleb had gone into Parker's room a couple times tonight when Parker would scream out. Parker would be standing or sitting up in his crib. Caleb would do like he always does- lay Parker down and pat his bottom. The last time Parker screamed out, Caleb walked in his room and Parker just laid over on his bed. I guess he knew what was going to happen. :) Caleb got him to sleep and came in the livingroom. He said, "Man, that kid just makes me laugh."
After re-reading this, I realize that it's not near as funny as when we talk about it. I just wish that in all of these situations we had our video camera with us.
Tomorrow we are going to my friend Wendi's house so Parker can play with her daughter, Addison. We'll see how many times Parker tries to kiss Addison and how many times she runs away from him! :)


2 comments:

Wanda Roddy said...

Ashley, I think this is a great idea you have come up with. As time goes by and Mr. Parker gets older, you will look back and read, and see what a wonderful idea it really is. Keep up the good work and keep us in-lightned on you, Calab and of course Mr. Parker.

chelsea said...

I am so excited about the blog and can testify to the screaming! :)

Pick out a night for Tia next week. Tuesday is the only night I am not available right now.

I can't wait to see the teeth in person.