Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday, Parker- Man!

Parker,
It's hard to believe that 3 years ago at 5:13 pm. you were born. I know we say it all the time, but seriously, where has the time flown by to? It feels like yesterday we were bringing you home with no clue how much our lives had changed.... And we wouldn't change it for the world!
I know your Dad and I have said it about previous stages of your life but we really mean that this is by far our favorite stage you're at. You are ALWAYS making us laugh by what you say and do. There is NEVER a dull moment when you're around. We often wish that we could get in your mind and see what you're thinking and your thought process.
I often times call you my side-kick or running buddy because in the past 3 years you've been right by my side. You love to go shopping at Sam's or Target. You also love to go on lunch dates with me. Before Cooper was born we frequented The Kettle and started going to BJ's. I'm ready to start taking both of you on our lunch dates.
We are a lot a like and we tend to but-heads at times. I refer to these times as "battle of the wills." For the record, sometimes you win; sometimes I win. ;) I often wonder how my mom survived all of the battles and questions I would ask her.
You ask a million and one questions about stuff you want to know about. One night you asked your dad who painted the cabinet in your bathroom. No-one did, it's just wood. Then you wanted to know the exact name of the person who built it. You also ask "why" a lot. Needless to say, you are very eager to learn. You thrive in the structured environment at school.
You amaze me. You are the most compassionate, helpful 3 year old I know. You LOVE your little brother and when he cries you instinctively say, "Shhh. Shhh. It's okay Tooper." You're very soothing. You also get him his passy to try to appease him when he gets upset. You have done a great job as Cooper's big brother.
You also LOVE to help us with anything. When we cook dinner, you want to help and it's hard for you to understand that you can't cook hamburger meat because the stove is hot. You think you can help us in the kitchen with everything we cook. You're a great egg cracker, by the way!
You also love to help your dad fix things. When he needs a tool, you offer your tools to help him. You do a really good job of sharing stuff with us.
When we pray in the car you pray for the cross walk lady or the construction workers we pass (after you ask me their name, why they are there and where they got their equipment from.) It's so precious.
Parker, I hope you know how much we love you. The past 3 years have been a whole lot of fun. I'm anxious about the next year as you turn into a 4 year old. I'm not ready for you to grow up. I asked you the other night if you would stay 3 for forever. You told me you would be 6 next. I couldn't correct you that 4 comes next because before I know it you will be 6. And in kindergarten.
Love you sweet boy.

No comments: