Thursday, June 10, 2010

Library Day

This morning Parker checked out his first library book at the College Station Library.
I wanted to get information on the summer reading program and story time. I think the library would be an AC'd outing we can go to this summer. It would have been nice to have gone there the last couple of days with all the rain.
Parker was so excited about all of the books. He immediately ran over to the kids section and I showed him the little table he could sit at. He looked a few books that were on the table. He started putting them away in the bins of books they had organized for older kids.
He did have a hard time sharing the table and books with other kids. EEEK. Embarrassing!
After I got the information I wanted about their programs, we were leaving and he started screaming "Book! Book!" I ran over to the little table and picked up a board book he had been looking at and we checked it out. Of course he flipped out when the library girl took it from him to scan. (He does this at grocery stores when we have to pay for our stuff- he's territorial.)
I'm a little nervous about having to keep up with this library book until July 1.

No comments: