Monday, October 8, 2012

Parker-isms

Parker says and does some pretty hilarious things.  I'm not sure if it's because all parents think their kids are funny or if he's truly funny.  Either way, I want us to always remember these funny things he said.  I hope that he always brings laughter to the people he is around.

A few weeks ago I was laying down with Parker in hopes to get a nap in. Parker was soooooooooo tired- he kept talking to me. I finally, very politely, told him, "I can't go to sleep because you keep talking." He, very matter-of-factly said, "I can't go to sleep because you are talking now." I had no response. None. Therefore, I gave him the stink eye. 4 minutes later, he was snoozing. I didn't get a nap.


Parker asked me last night if I was done with my computer. I got all excited because I thought he was going to put the computer away for me. 
No, he wanted to borrow it because he "needed to work on numbers and letters." He really meant that he needed to type. 
He's almost 4; I thought I had a little more time before sharing the computer to type started up.

After I wouldn't let him swing from chair to chair in the kitchen, I walked outside and I found Parker with a $1 jump rope thrown over the neighbors fence and the other end tucked in his boxers. He was jumping from the fence to the electrical box. He assured me it was very tightly secured.

"Ghost-es sleep in the morning. We are fake ghost-es because we wake up in the mornings."

Parker told me he can't clean his room because his legs hurt. When I told him he could sit down and pick up the toys. Then he said he meant his arms. "I can't reach the farthest." I assured him that you don't have to reach far to pick up.  He then needed a drink.  


No comments: