Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For This Year...

The other day at Walmart a sweet lady stopped to admire how cute and sweet Cooper is. She looked at me and said, "You have a lot to be thankful for this year." It really stuck with me and got me to thinking.... I tend to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays and forget to count my blessings and reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
And by the way, yes mam, I do have a whole lot to be thankful for:
I have a very handsome, funny, helpful, wonderful husband; a busy 3 year old who makes sure there is never a dull moment around our house; a sweet, cuddly, chubby face 6 week old boy; 2 loyal 4 legged kids. I also have the BEST family & friends in whole wide world. I have a warm house; a bed and covers to get into each night; a safe, dependable vehicle to tote my family around in; food in the pantry; clothes in each closet; and a little change in the piggy bank. I am one thankful, blessed girl.
I'm also thankful for my one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, Gramps. Happy Birthday Gramps, Grampsy, Pop, Red, Zeke, Grumpy Gramps- whatever you want to call him. If you see him today squeeze his neck for me! We love you Gramps and are so blessed to call you our Gramps. I hope you know how grateful we are for you!! You are a blessing!!!
So Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and don't forget to count your blessings today!

Cooper catching some zzz's after his Thanksgiving lunch.
We went to our good friends' the Yates' and spent Thanksgiving lunch with their family. Parker and Shaenyn are good friends. (OF COURSE I did not get one picture of our whole family together. I need to get better at this!)
Caleb and I went to the last A&M/ Texas game. (Again, no pic of us! Again, must get better at remembering these things!) It was so packed and a lot of fun... even though the outcome wasn't what we wanted, it was a good game and we are still proud to be Aggies!

No comments: