Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just Missing You....

I came across some pictures today in my Walgreens account of Gramps and Parker. 
I cried.
I decided that I would print the pictures out and put them in a photo album for Parker. 
I cried.
Tonight I was going through pictures on the blog of Gramps and Parker and ran across this one:

It was taken July 21, 2011. 
Just a tad over a year ago.  My.  My. 
If you had told me then the way things would be now, I wonder what I could have done differently to savor these precious moments we now have as memories. 
Just to see your wave one more time, your walk, your hat with the Nobama button on it. 
A good "HEY" would be nice too. 
I hope and pray that Parker never forgets his buddy.
It makes me so sad that Cooper will never know his Gramps.
I find comfort in the fact that Cooper will know Gramps someday. 

It's not fair. I don't understand why.  Why did he have to leave this earth so soon? 
Why are we having to cope with this sadness that we've never felt before? 
I have found myself asking that A LOT this year. 
It's not fair. 
I quickly remind myself that God's plan is way better than my plan-
even in difficult things like this- He really does know best. 
May I never forget that.  Never.  Ever.


Gramps,
We're all missing you.  Bad.  So bad. 
People tell me that you're not missing us, but I have myself convinced that you are waiting on us all to join you in heaven so you can show us around. 
I've wanted to call you a million and one times-
needed your advice or to share a funny story with you.
You were one of a kind, Gramps. 
My hero. 
I know you know that. 
I love you;
More than you know. 
 Februay 18, 2011

March 10, 2011
 August 30, 2010

 August 31, 2010

 October 17, 2010



Story Family Christmas 2010

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think about him multiple times every day; and, despite knowing Gramps has no regrets and would not want me to either, they still come to mind. Earlier, before I read this, I was thinking how I didn't move back to Irving in time, I always told him I would one day. I just wish he could physically be there when I do. But its not that I go around with looming negativity; on the contrary, the first thoughts of him, when they "appear," are more angelic in nature. I have storms of sadness - a tsunami once - but, I cry only because I know how badly I miss him. I quit crying because I know we have not seen each other for the last time. Before Grampsy's soul transcended this Earth, I can honestly say that I have no recollection of ever noticing a Bordens milk truck in the Houston area. Now, I see (what has to be the same one) almost every morning on my way to work. Among other things...God communicates with us every second - its just a matter of listening. Grampsy is the main factor now behind my religious prayer routine - when I started praying for him earlier this year I started tuning in to God's messaging system more. Well at any rate, I love you Cates's and we all share the same heart. I love you, Grampsy! *hugs from your P.O.*